Thursday, March 31, 2011

Game 1

Well as I sit here watching the Dodgers vs. Giants enjoying this great opening day. I am looking at Don Mattingly in a Dodgers uniform and it just looks strange. Don't get me wrong I wish Donnie Baseball all the best. I just long for the days of my favorite ball player in a Yanks jersey. It still blows me away that he has never won a World Series. Yes you read that right, Mattingly who played for the most successful franchise in all of sports never played in a world series. The other shock is that he was a coach for the Yanks from 2004-2006 and they never played in a World Series in his three years as a coach. It just doesn't seem right that a man who works as hard as anyone does not get rewarded for it. That's why if the Dodgers find some way to get into the World Series I will be rooting for my boyhood hero more than any other team in all of the MLB. Well as long as it is not against the Yankees, I don't want to think about what would happen if I would have to deal with that! Until next time raise your glass and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment